I like writing my thoughts down. It helps me sort through things sometimes. Whether people read what I write or not, it really doesn’t matter to me. See, my faith is not dependent on what folks think, but it is on what God thinks. I have learned this, throughout my life. It helps me accept situations. Or losses. Even though, I may grieve about some situations, or folks, because I loved them. But I hold onto God with all my being.
I just know this is who I am. So, I was thinking this morning, that I should write down some rules. To remind myself. I am seeing a change of events, that concerns me to be honest. Things, that I never thought I would see, when it comes to freedom. To how others relate.
I don’t know, if we as a nation, or the world, will ever get back to normal. Whatever that may be for some. But it has made me stop, and look, and put things in perspective. This may not be for everyone. See, we are all different. We all look at things differently. But I still pray, you are inspired.
But I am doing this, as a person, who loves the Lord. Who sees, that we are in something, that can bring out the worse, or the best in someone. I want the best of who I can be in Christ, to be reflected, so this is why I write these thoughts, or rules. To remind myself. No matter what I see, no matter what the future holds. I want to hold onto the innocence of goodness. The sweet gift, of really just life. I don’t want to abuse it.
I take to heart, my soul, my spirit, my being, is dependent on how I look at God and life. It is my anchor. Its my comfort, because this world does not offer comfort. It does not offer compassion, or love.
I want to have healthy thoughts. Even though, physical health is challenged. Because one cannot just go out, and live your life, like you used to do. There are people, who do not care, and so you have to care. To protect yourself, but it is very challenging. Especially when you just want to do every day things, like getting a hamburger, or whatever you do, in public. You cannot.
So this will affect my spirit, to not only survive, but to thrive….. I want to thrive. I want to embrace what God has given me through this life.
I realize, that sometimes, one is truly just left to be, your own friend. And when all friends leave, there is a friend, who is greater than anyone else, and that is God. Through Jesus Christ. He has been my refuge, my comfort, my hope, my sustaining life force.
So I write these rules, with Him in mind!:
- Get closer to God, Elena. Get closer, and trust Him. Pray more. Believe His promises. From your King James. Its holy word, and that makes the difference. Take it to heart. Meditate on it. Each word, has power, an anointing. So take each thee and thou, to heart. For comfort. DRAW NIGH TO GOD, AND HE WILL DRAW NIGHT TO YOU. CLEANSE YOUR HANDS, YE SINNERS, AND PURIFY YOUR HEARTS, YE DOUBLE MINDED. JAMES 4:8 King James.
- Love your family, more, be more accepting. Don’t complain. Don’t criticize, your family, is every good gift God has given, so cherish them. Let them know you love them. They know it, but tell them more. Prove it always by being kind, and supportive. Encouraging. They are struggling too, so just make it easier for them, by praying for them, and just being a friendly source, in the midst of everything. Try to be strong for them. BEHOLD, HOW GOOD AND HOW PLEASANT IT IS FOR BRETHREN TO DWELL TOGETHER IN UNITY. PSALMS 133:1 KING JAMES.
- Theres a time to fight, and there is a time to withdraw. You don’t have to fight. If it steals your joy. If it frustrates you. Yes, you may believe in a greater cause. And some things you may see, may just want to bring out the fight in you. To speak against it. And you may have the fight in you. To always do what’s right. But this is about self-preservation, right now. Take it easy. A TIME TO LOVE, AND A TIME TO HATE; A TIME OF WAR, AND A TIME OF PEACE. ECCLESIASTES 3:8 KING JAMES.
- Enjoy the little things. Keep your mind occupied. Stay busy. No idle time to think. Sometimes, over thinking, is not healthy. It can scare you. So, try to enjoy just the sweet little things, that bring you joy. BEHOLD THIS IS THE JOY OF HIS WAY, AND OUT OF THE EARTH SHALL OTHERS GROW. JOB 8:19 KING JAMES.
- Forgive, yes, you have said that you do, but truly let offenses go. Wish folks, well, and release it. Don’t hold onto it. Its not worth it, in the bigger picture of life. AND IF YE FORGIVE MEN THEIR TRESPASSES, YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER WILL ALSO FORGIVE YOU. MATTHEW 6:14 KING JAMES.
- Dream, dream like you used to as a kid. Dream even though, your dreams did not come true. Even though, you sometimes feel like you missed, the boat, the plane, and the train. Dream. Have hope, that God will change things. NOW THE GOD OF HOPE FILL YOU WITH ALL JOY AND PEACE IN BELIEVING, THAT YE MAY ABOUND IN HOPE, THROUGH THE POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST. ROMANS 15:13 KING JAMES.
- Don’t be your own enemy. Don’t have a defeatist, attitude. Don’t you dare, give up. You cannot give up. You always have to go back to rule one. Trusting, and getting closer to God. Letting go of hope would hurt you in the bigger picture. HE THAT HATH NO RULE OVER HIS OWN SPIRIT IS LIKE A CITY THAT IS BROKEN DOWN, AND WITHOUT WALLS. PROVERBS 25:28 KING JAMES.
- THANK GOD! This is really important. Always have a grateful heart. For food, having a roof over your head, for all your blessings, you have. For health. Your family, etc. God has been so good to you. Keep thinking about who He is, and just thank Him. Remember His power. Remember all things are possible with God. IN EVERY THING GIVE THANKS: FOR THIS IS THE WILL OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS CONCERNING YOU. I THESSALONIANS 5:18 KING JAMES.
- Watch what you put in your spirit. There is so much negativity, and just constant fear, that you don’t want to catch that. Don’t act like the world, when it comes to sorting through information. Trust God. YE ADULTERERS AND ADULTERESSES, KNOW YE NOT THAT THE FRIENDSHIP OF THE WORLD IS ENMITY WITH GOD? WHOSOEVER THEREFORE WILL BE A FRIEND OF THE WORLD IS THE ENEMY OF GOD. JAMES 4:4 KING JAMES.
- Don’t shut down communication, with others. Unless, it is toxic. If its toxic, walk away, you don’t need that. Ask God for discernment. CAST OUT THE SCORNER, AND CONTENTION SHALL GO OUT; YEA STRIFE AND REPROACH SHALL CEASE. PROVERBS 10:22 KING JAMES.
- Walk in love, always walk in love. Even if they are toxic. Look at who Christ is, and pray to embrace His ways like that. A NEW COMMANDMENT I GIVE UNTO YOU, THAT YE LOVE ONE ANOTHER, AS I HAVE LOVED YOU, THAT YE ALSO LOVE ONE ANOTHER. BY THIS SHALL ALL MEN KNOW THAT YE ARE MY DISCIPLES, IF YE HAVE LOVE ONE TO ANOTHER. JOHN 13:33-34 KING JAMES.
- You cannot always trust, this is a time, to weigh carefully situations, to have wisdom, and discernment in matters. So, ask God for wisdom. TRUST GOD. All things are in His hands, so you cannot always determine a matter, but you cannot be deceived, or you could make a bad mistake. Just remember, no matter what, you are in Gods hands. I WILL SAY OF THE LORD, HE IS MY REFUGE AND MY FORTRESS; MY GOD IN HIM WILL I TRUST. Psalms 91:2 KING JAMES.
- Laugh! Look at silly things, and just laugh. Don’t be so serious. Lucille Ball, and Ricky Ricardo, made you laugh as a kid, look at those videos of them. Abbott and Costello, remind you some things are just dumb, and you need to laugh at them. Laugh, and have joy, because God is on the throne. And you will find the balance in that. THEN WAS OUR MOUTH FILLED WITH LAUGHTER, AND OUR TONGUE WITH SINGING: THEN SAID THEY AMONG THE HEATHEN, THE LORD HATH DONE GREAT THINGS FOR THEM. PSALMS 126:2 KING JAMES.
- Exercise. Get some fresh air. Take a walk, and with God. FOR BODILY EXERCISE PROFITETH LITTLE: BUT GODLINESS IS PROFITABLE UNTO ALL THINGS, HAVING PROMISE OF THE LIFE THAT NOW IS, AND OF THAT WHICH IS TO COME. I TIMOTHY 4:8 KING JAMES.
- Try not to have regrets. We do sometimes, but try not to, with people you love, or with God, etc. Saying I am sorry to God, asking others to forgive you, is such a release. MATTHEW 3:2 AND SAYING REPENT YE: FOR THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS AT HAND. KING JAMES.
I guess, this is it for now. I feel better writing them already. This is why I do speak my faith. This is why I do proclaim who I am in Christ. I am not ashamed to say, God is good, and He is my Lord. I want to honor who He is.
Folks, that knew me, know this to be true. I always try to acknowledge Him. See, to me there is a danger of trying to hide your light. Or being ashamed of who He is. See, He has told us, that if we are ashamed of Him, He will be ashamed of us. I want answers to prayer. I want to survive. And still thrive. I want to live my life, fully and complete in Christ. I know there are times of testing. I think right now is a time of testing.
Someone wrote this, and it is not my thought. But they said, I have seen the signs. Now, I am just waiting to hear the Trumpet. Yes Christ will return. When? No one knows…. But I don’t listen to the blind, leading the blind. Because there are anti-Christ spirits.
Makes you think how valuable your salvation is. It does me any way. Folks, I just offer this. Making Christ, your Lord and savior, gives you a promise for eternity. But it also does make a way to cope. These are just my thoughts….
But I hope they help you today, we all need a little help now and then. I just hope to keep learning. And always learning who God is. I love Him.
Feel free to leave your comments, tell me how do you cope? What rules, do you implement during this time, as a reminder?
God bless you. Be truly blessed….
Blessings, and love Elena Ramirez
- P.S. Not sure, why my marks, duplicated here, but oh well. Lol. It would not let me make a space, between paragraphs.